Alserkal Residency Open Call: Summer Cycle 2018
Alserkal Residency was created as a platform for artistic experimentation and discursive exchange, seeking to support cultural producers as they research themes pertinent to their respective practices, in the city of Dubai. The programme is designed to be immersive and engage the local interdisciplinary community through a series of public events and conversations. Founded by Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal and the Alserkal family, the Residency focuses on research-based and socially-engaged practices.
The programme will run from 1 June 2018 - 31 July 2018. Proposals are reviewed competitively by our Selection Committee.
The Alserkal Residency Summer Cycle is open only to artists, writers, curators and researchers who are currently citizens of or resident in the GCC.
Residency resources include:
- Return flights from the resident’s home city to Dubai
- Single-room accommodation, in a shared space with up to five other residents
- Monthly living stipend
- Production stipend
- Programming stipend
- 24-hour access to an individual studio at Alserkal Avenue
- Support from Alserkal Residency team
- Introductions, mentorship and critiques from international and local art professionals, who are part of Alserkal Avenue’s network of peers
The open call will close at 6pm Dubai time on 30 December 2017.