JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Projects and Property Manager
- Projects and Property Manager
- Nasser Bin Abdullatif Real Estate
Job Description & Responsibilities
ABOUT NASSER BIN ABDULLATIF REAL ESTATE
The Alserkal Group continues to strive to be an enabling force in the development and growth of the region's strategic industries, as a pioneer and patron of a modern economy that infuses our region's traditional business models with dynamism. Nasser Bin Abdullatif Alserkal Real Estate plays the major role within the group’s position and further development in terms of its existing portfolio and future roll out projects targeting Dubai Expo 2020.
ABOUT ALSERKAL AVENUE & ITS INITIATIVES
Alserkal Avenue – the region’s foremost arts hub – was established in 2007 to encourage and support the region's burgeoning contemporary art scene. Our aim is to foster an organic and prolific creative community in the UAE. Situated in Dubai’s industrial quarter, initially a group of 20 warehouses, the addition of our 2015 expansion has welcomed several new galleries and creative businesses. Spread across 500,000 square feet, we house numerous galleries of international repute, dynamic art spaces, and homegrown cultural initiatives. These include not-forprofit artists’ studios, residency programmes, project spaces, concept stores, black box theatre, independent cinema, outdoor event facilities and community-led cultural initiatives, as well as unique food and beverage outlets. The role entails two-day per week support for Alserkal Avenue and its projects as required.
The position oversees multi-sited assets of Nasser Bin Abdullatif Alserkal Real Estate, spanning across over 1500 tenancies and requires an ongoing corporate real estate strategic planning and portfolio management outlook. Existing projects include: Alserkal Avenue Arts District, Dubai Projects, The Dome Tower, The Swiss Tower and other pre-launch status developments. The Projects and Property Manager will be responsible for maximising the performance and value of the Alserkal’s portfolio of real estate assets through best practices of maintenance and improvement of its existing operations models, through real estate audit, new maintenance strategy and new projects implementation. Additionally, you will be responsible to ensure that facilities management is on track with quality standards, timely deadlines, and budget limitations for all Real Estate properties. The role reports directly to the Director of Finance in Nasser Bin Abdulatif Real Estate on all matters for real estate projects in Head Office and entails working closely with the Operations team and Director of Alserkal Avenue for all matters related to Alserkal Avenue and its projects, as required. The role entails working out of Alserkal Head Office three days a week in Deira and two days from Alserkal Avenue or any other Alserkal Real Estate project/ property site as required; working hours are from 8am to 6pm from Sunday through Thursday, with weekends and overtime required prior to key deadlines and projects delivery.
Essential Functions & Objectives
• Responsible for developing and managing Alserkal portfolio and individual asset business plans to include strategic objectives, asset quality, budgeting and financial goals in relation to upgrading of existing properties
• Conduct full audit and appraisal on the status of all Alserkal Real Estate properties and facilities management to include a 3 year management and upgrade plan, maximizing its value
• Produce an in-depth report and maintenance appraisal strategy for the next 3 years for all Alserkal Real Estate properties, design and implement most optimal plan, in order to upgrade and best maintain existing properties
• Set-up best practices, partnerships and facilities management contracts to ensure all preventive maintenance procedures are implemented in timely manner
• Design and implement most optimal solutions, while meeting tight deadlines and budget constraints to achieve most optimum value
• Write persuasive management plans and business cases supported by analyses and well-articulated recommended courses of action at the portfolio levels
• Conduct periodic (monthly/quarterly/bi-annual/annual or as requested by management) reviews and analyses of each asset in the portfolio; ensure the asset management system and other systems of record are current and accurate; update asset management plans as appropriate
• Review and/or negotiate legal documentation, while working closely with Alserkal compliance division where necessary
• Maintain a cash flow allocation forecast model for all existing and planned real estate projects
• Oversee and facilitate successful handover of Alserkal Avenue projects and its maintenance practices Day-to-day Management
Serve as the first point of contact for site-business and delivery across all Alserkal Real Estate properties
(including Alserkal Avenue) on the following:
• Engaging, influencing, and fully developing customer relations with stakeholders.
• Delivery of all services, from management, asset management, security, cleaning to specialized services; small construction projects and transactions; as well as, being responsible for occupational health aspects of work environment and security.
• Managing relations with external parties (municipality, government officials, etc.) and service delivery team (with contract and service level agreements through internal or external service providers); as well as, handling corrective actions and escalations, as needed.
• Optimizing real estate space utilization by meeting vacancy levels, and cost constraints.
• Monitoring and responding to user feedback, review & approve related facilities work, control service quality & customer satisfaction; in addition to, external providers services such as waste management and catering.
• Manage P&L and accounting processes of sites: Coordinate rent / bill / tax payments, PO approvals, Capex processing, local permit, event management, etc.
• Ensures the implementation of Real Estate policies and strategy; generating input and following the guidance with his team
• Managing infrastructure and decommissioning projects financial compliance from start to finish with the highest integrity.
• Presenting accurate and timely project plans, status reporting and spend forecasting to the board of Alserkal Real Estate for alignment, commitment, and decision making and work with business stakeholders to perform change management where needed.
• Supporting feasibility studies and business case calculations, plan project execution and resources and ensure they meet aligned targets.
• Delegating project roles, monitor progress, resources, and initiate corrective actions if needed, both internally and externally (contractors, architects, external project teams, etc.).
• Managing, approving and complying with project-related accounting, invoices, checks, vendor relations, procurement procedures, etc.
• Taking ownership of portfolio for all client service delivery in the facilities arena; also, driving service standards and alignment with strategic facility management outlook
• Managing cost reduction efforts ensuring achievement of multiple year goals and service delivery excellence through scorecard and KPI evaluations.
• Defining and executing most suitable industry standards for facility management for Alserkal Real Estate properties
• Recruit, train, develop and manage projects and facilities management team Responsibilities specific to Alserkal Avenue
• Ensure effective and efficient space management and allocation to all users and utilities
• Oversee integration of the Firefighting system’s solutions in the existing compound
• Liaise with project team, creative team and AA community members to resolve any issues that might arise including the support for liaison with government entities such as Dubai Municipalitu, DEWA, Civil Defense, etc.
• Maintain current and accurate records relating to space utilisation, facilities and services
• Review design and price proposals and submittals
• Supervise and monitor quality and schedules for refurbishment or fit-out works, for compliance with government requirements, time and specifications
• Conduct site surveys for facilities to determine suitability for operational purposes safety and efficiency of facilities and equipment, when required
• Ensure compliance with Alserkal Avenue internal policies and criteria
• Implement and maintain tenants database and management system
• Oversee regular interaction and meetings with Alserkal Avenue Community members
• Investigate and respond to complaints made by or about tenants and take corrective action
• Review, update and revise the Alserkal Avenue Community Handbook as necessary
• Heading and managing any projects related to Alserkal Avenue development internally
• Reviewing all MEP drawings submitted by the new tenants for the NOC issuance in order for the tenant
to submit their final drawings to the government authorities
• Assist all concepts across various fields including but not limited to industrial, creative, manufacturing, galleries, F&B and others to submit their drawings and complete their fit-outs as per government requirements
• Complete all of the above following Alserkal Avenue’s guidelines and standards, to ensure it represents the Alserkal family and AA organisation accordingly
• Support all Alserkal Avenue departments, including events and commissions as required
Required skills & knowledge
• Minimum, Bachelor Degree in engineering, architecture, construction/facilities management or other relevant disciplines, required
• 8+ years of proven experience and track record in facilities/construction management and project management with experience in office, industrial, medical R&D and cleanroom facilities (UAE government requirements, sustainability and environmental health and safety), required
• Solid analytical and financial acumen (and cost reduction efforts), with knowledge of legal issues
• Management of a large diverse portfolio of facilities, office, industrial and R&D with experience managing large outsource agreements across a diverse geographic area and business units
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated and effective, can cope with a dynamic and complex environment
• Skilled in project management and facilities software, databases, Microsoft Office, Skype and Excel
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team with high levels of self-motivation, with the ability to work within an environment subject to change. Confident and outgoing, used to networking and substantial
experience in outward facing roles. Enthusiastic and engaged, actively seeking feedback on his/ her performance and behavior in order to continually improve the performance. Seek out opportunities to learn, grow and develop. Possess a deep self-awareness, effectively managing his/her emotions.
Education and Experience
• Graduation from a four year college or university a must, with a Bachelor’s degree business, economics, real estate and/or similar
• Advanced degrees or designations such as MBA, CPA, or CFA or equivalent academic training will be preferred
• A minimum of 5 years of commercial real estate transactional and management experience is required Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 8AM - 6PM with overtime and Saturdays required, if/or due to strict deadlines leading up to launch/ execution of projects.