JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Exhibitions Production Manager
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Description & Responsibilities
A unique opportunity to work closely with the Alserkal team and its local, regional and international partners in the management, production and installation of upcoming exhibitions and commissions. A multi-faceted position, this role will work closely with all three business units of Alserkal. This one-year position will report to the Cultural Development Director and the Business Operations Director across the multiple projects and commissions that it handles.
- Create and oversee detailed project timelines that take into account all aspects of production and installation.
- Support Alserkal curators and any guest curators, artists and designers in producing and installing upcoming exhibitions and commissions.
- Oversee the procurement of all quotations for shipping and handling of artworks as required.
- Work closely with the Projects and Facilities Manager and the Exhibitions Production team to research, secure and oversee all vendors required for the production and installation.
- Liaise between curators/artists and Alserkal team to ensure all plans and drawings are approved by engineering and meet safety standards.
- Ensure the projects are produced and installed as per the final agreed-upon specifications.
- Manage vendors to ensure they deliver their work as promised, on time and on budget.
- Keep track of budgets to ensure expenses are balanced.
- Coordinate schedules (and local transportation, if needed) for the artists and curators while they are in Dubai / ensure all schedules are cleared with AA management.
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise with the commission during its exhibition at Alserkal Avenue.
- Plan and manage de-installation, coordinating with all relevant AA team members and outside vendors.
- Manage workers and, when necessary, coordinate and track their cash payments from petty-cash; ensure receipts are retained and work with the curator and Alserkal’s finance team to reconcile petty cash at the end of each project.
Alserkal Design commission
- One major intervention in the pedestrian entrance of Alserkal Avenue
- The commission will be by guest curator and regional designers
Alserkal Arts Foundation Commission
- The 2019/2020 Alserkal Arts Foundation arts commission will focus on deconstructing Nadi Al Quoz – process that will take it from a warehouse through to art installation and finally to community garden.
November show in Concrete
- This exhibition in collaboration with the Whitechapel Gallery London includes five works that will be shown in Concrete and one new commission that will be in The Yard.
V&A Food Exhibition
- This exhibition is in collaboration with the Victoria and Albert Museum London; it will be an iteration of a show that closes in London in November.
Quoz Arts Fest
- Quoz Arts Fest is an annual two-day arts festival that is at the start of a three-year growth plan to position it as a premier festival for local, regional and international visitors.
- The 2020 edition will introduce art and design commissions that will take place both inside and outside Alserkal Avenue to highlight the Al Quoz Neighborhood.
March show in Concrete
- This exhibition will be in collaboration with an international institution as an expansion of an existing show. All project planning for production and installation will be handled by the Production Coordinator.
- Excellent organizational skills in relation to production and installation of art and design projects.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in production of art and design exhibitions and commissions.
- An energy and passion for arts and culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible approach to schedule of working hours.
- Attention to detail and efficient problem solving.
- Patience & the ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated individual with high levels of accountability and integrity.
[Term: One Year]
The role offers an exemplary working environment within Alserkal Avenue in the industrial district of Al Quoz. You will also receive an array of benefits including on-the-job training, regular appraisals and much more. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 7pm, with overtime and Saturdays required to attend events and/or due to deadlines leading up to projects.
If you believe that you can bring something exciting to the team, please email your CV together with a cover letter with ‘Exhibitions Production Manager’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org