JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Interior Designer Intern
- Entry Level
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Description & Responsibilities
Interior Designer Intern
We’re looking for a creative and self-motivated Interior Design intern to join our team for a six-month period.
Our work is exciting, creative, and relentlessly fast-paced. Our teams are collaborative and flat-structured so that all ideas are equal. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact - if you come up with a great idea, we will work to make it happen.
We like to work with people who bring their own unique lens and perspective upon the world. We believe in unlocking potential and look for people who are:
- Curious and inspiring
- Proactive and persevering
- Considerate and responsible
As an intern your outlook is more important than previous experience, but we do ask for an interest in the arts.
Skills & abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a team.
• High levels of self-motivation, with the ability to work within an environment subject to change.
• The ability to multitask, simultaneously manage multiple projects at once, while ensuring highest quality execution possible within the initial deadlines set.
• Strong visual sense.
• Good at implementing and maintaining brand identity.
• Well spoken, with great presentation and communication skills.
• Enthusiastic and engaged, actively seeking feedback on his/her performance and behaviour in order to continually improve the performance.
• Seek out opportunities to learn, grow and develop. Possess a deep self-awareness, effectively managing his/her emotions.
• Strong ability to find creative and innovative solutions.
• Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level in Architectural Interior Design.
• Excellent in Autocad, Adobe Photoshop and 3D rendering softwares (Sketchup, Rhino, 3Dmax etc.).
• Knowledge of wayfinding and user experience is a plus.
Essential Functions & Objectives
Your main role will be to support the Interior Designer across a number of projects. Responsibilities include:
• Assisting with brainstorming to create concept designs.
• Preparation of mood boards and sample boards.
• Design development including the development of interior layouts, sections, elevations and perspectives.
• Production of 3D renderings.
• Researching specifications of materials and finishings.
• Sourcing of materials, finishings and furniture.
• Researching and contacting suppliers for materials and furniture.
• Coordinating and liaising with suppliers for the delivery of materials.
• Supervising the quality of finishing during the execution of the works, and ensuring that the design is being executed as planned.
• Attending meetings with contractors during execution stage and taking minutes of the meetings.
• Creating a material library database and a supplier list data base for finishings, furnishings and materials.
Salary and location
The role is paid, and offers a fantastic working environment within Alserkal Avenue, a renowned cultural district of contemporary art galleries, non-profit organisations, and homegrown businesses in the Al Quoz industrial area of Dubai.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday - Thursday, from 9AM - 6PM, with Friday and Saturday off.