JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Facilities Manager
- Alserkal Avenue, Dubai
Job Description & Responsibilities
A unique opportunity to further develop Alserkal Avenue’s position as culture and arts community, focusing on community-driven and homegrown programming / events and commercial events development.
We catalyse curiosity by supporting, curating and creating experiences for our visitors and patrons.
We do this in three ways:
- Managing our community of galleries and creative concepts
- Supporting commissions and education through our not for profit arm
- Driving footfall and awareness with our home-grown events
Who we are
We are constantly curious. Our programming explores local culture, as well as the wider world around us. We strive to go beyond the ‘what’ and uncover the ‘how’ and ‘why’. We translate this into memorable experiences - to inspire our audiences, and shape public discourse.
This role is part of a central division within Alserkal Avenue. It serves the three different entities that fall under Alserkal Avenue with the following main tasks:
Maintenance and Operations:
Ensuring that all operations in the avenue are running smoothly and in line with Community Guidelines. This part entails coordination with third party service providers namely Maintenance and Security.
Facilitating and coordinating maintenance and technical support to all entities and departments within Alserkal Avenue.
Coordinating and liaising with community members and contractors on all logistics - taking in any complaints and concerns and addressing them to relevant parties.
Renewals of service providers contracts.
Administration of service providers contracts, ensuring that all scopes, terms and conditions are being implemented as per their contracts.
Monitoring of service providers performances, ensuring they are up to the expected standard, and always aligned with Alserkal Avenue’s ethos.
Managing all Alserkal Avenue caretakers and allocating their tasks when and where needed.
Coordination with events team when necessary to ensure all technical and logistical requirements are met.
Overlooking electrical meters readings and distribution of electrical bills/collection of bills.
Providing Maintenance and Logistics support to Concrete and Trust/Residency teams, including initiation, implementation and renewals of Maintenance and Cleaning contracts.
Providing support to all teams within Alserkal Avenue for any technical and logistical matters at any time, and specially for March and November Art weeks.
Ability to accomplish financial objectives by preparing annual budgets, processing payments, forecasting all requirements, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions and alternatives.
Ability to manage emergency situations, and finding urgent solutions, avoiding interruptions in the avenue’s operations.
Filing all drawings and documents/letters and maintaining corresponding log.
Uploading and maintaining all drawings and documents on box account in salesforce.
Fit Out works and Projects:
Following the Fit Out works process from start to completion as per AA Fit Out Guidelines.
Reviewing of new concepts fit out works drawings pertaining to all disciplines (architecture, structure, MEP, fire fighting etc.) to ensure they align with Alserkal Avenue’s guidelines and Fit Out manual.
Issuing comments/NOCs relevant to drawings and authorities approvals.
Ensuring new concepts have their authorities approvals for their fit out works. Close follow up with authorities (DM/Dewa/DCD) when and where needed.
Follow up on fit out construction works, timelines and ensuring opening dates as per lease agreements.
Daily site supervision of the execution of the fit out works and ensuring they align with approved drawings, AA regulations and approved timeline.
Overlooking and monitoring internal AA projects from design to execution.
Working closely with all departments to ensure proper technical support with the following main strategic drivers:
- Activation and opening of new spaces
- Strengthening the AA community
- The Alserkal Family legacy
Skills & Abilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills; the ability to communicate with people at all levels and execute an effective business correspondence.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to make right, independent decisions and be able to effectively deal with pressure and tight deadlines.
- Well developed time management skills including the ability to identify, prioritize and complete tasks and projects in an effective and timely manner.
- Process good negotiations and conflict resolution skills.
- An ability to multi-task while working across different areas of the organizations is imperative.
- Ability to understand the nurturing of good relationships with community and authorities officials.
- Capacity to think strategically and handle the large responsibility of keeping a community together and ensuring all technical and logistic aspects are running smoothly.
- This role requires excellent project/construction management and property management experience.
Covering the many various aspects that fall under the avenue’s asset management.
Objectives include, but not limited to:
- Transition and taking over from current Design & Planning Director and Head of Projects.
- Bringing in property management and operation expertise and suggesting and implementing alternative ways and new systems to enhance the avenue’s running operations.
- Managing and running all operations including but not limited to security and maintenance.
- Ensuring all fit-out works are completed and new concepts in operations.
- Closing out all planned infrastructure works.
Monitoring and delivering new projects on time.
B.E. in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Civil Eng.).
Min. 7-10 years experience in construction and Facilities management. Facilities management experience is a must.