JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Description & Responsibilities
A multi-disciplinary position that includes managing Alserkal branding identity as well as its umbrella initiatives. On a day-to-day the responsibilities encompass 360-degree creative execution of branding identity, development of online and print projects, development of special merchandising products, collateral for events, and ownership of any other in-house or third-party collateral that involves Alserkal Avenue’s branding and visual presence.
Overtime work is expected in times of intensive workload and during special projects. Independent judgement, and organisational thoroughness are necessary to prioritise and complete tasks. Ability to influence and work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment is necessary.
Knowledge & Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in design, branding, illustration or related area
- 3-5 years experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Excellent grasp of Adobe Creative Suite; proficiency with Mac OS X
- An in-depth understanding and appreciation of the current public engagement Alserkal Avenue
- A demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to arts and culture
- High levels of proficiency with the Adobe creative suite programmes
- Strong portfolio in art direction, branding and print, digital design campaigns.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High levels of self-motivation, with the ability to work within an environment subject to change
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to the team and AA partners
- The ability to grasp the needs of Alserkal as an organisation and consider practical solutions
- The ability to multitask and simultaneously manage multiple projects at once, while ensuring the highest quality execution possible within set deadlines
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- Energy and drive with a focus on successful delivery
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Previous experience in managing budgets and timelines for design projects
- Ability to prioritise workflow and redirect agency projects to meet competing and changing deadlines
- Keen sense of attention to detail with a view to implementing and maintaining brand identity
- Contemporary art & culture
- Graphics and typography, as well as new developments in design software
- Staying up-to-date with current trends and techniques within graphic design industry
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part time position. 3 Days a week working hours are from 10AM to 6PM.
Essential Functions & Objectives
The position of Senior Designer plays an instrumental role in raising and maintaining the high standards that we have set at Alserkal Avenue, as well as driving the creative direction to produce the most effective and persuasive work possible.
This position reports directly to the Head of Brand and Design
*Email email@example.com with your portfolio and resume.