JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Associate Director of Marketing (maternity cover)
- Alserkal Avenue
Job Description & Responsibilities
The Associate Director of Marketing role is a multi-disciplinary position that bridges communications, brand, design and marketing. A key role that is responsible for overseeing the Alserkal brand, along with sub-brands including Alserkal Avenue and Alserkal Arts Foundation, the Associate Director of Marketing manages all marketing touchpoints, including public realm, PR, digital and social media, website, brand management, and design across the board.
Essential Functions & Objectives
The position is an essential role that oversees the Alserkal brand and reputation, leading the marketing function, which is a central team within Alserkal, liaising with other teams on a regular basis. The Associate Director of Marketing plays an instrumental role in raising and maintaining the profile of Alserkal, Alserkal Avenue and Alserkal Arts Foundation. High standards and integrity are crucial components, and are expected to be achieved at all levels.
This full-time position reports directly to the Business Operations Director.
- Create holistic marketing strategies for Alserkal and its sub-brands, working with Senior Management and stakeholders to ensure strategies will deliver against targets and business objectives
- Create 360-degree marketing strategies for events, initiatives and campaigns as required, setting targets, continually monitoring progress, and reporting against ROI
- Strategically communicate the Alserkal, and Alserkal Avenue brands through virtual and physical place-making
- Strategic communications liaison with Alserkal Avenue community members as required to maximise our communications about them
- Responsible for overall brand strategy across all channels and development of communication and channel strategy for all current and future sub-brands, including the delivery and execution of short-term, mid-term and long-term strategies, including high-level growth plans and day-to-day use of logos, name, etc.
- Responsible for ownership and project management of any high-level marketing projects, for example new brands or websites
- Responsible for gathering and analysing visitor insights, ensuring visitors are regularly surveyed, with findings shared and actioned to improve the visitor experience
- Responsible for the digital marketing landscape, including the Alserkal website, ensuring it continually reflects the brand and key messaging
- Strengthen Alserkal’s online presence, driving web traffic and ensuring a strong result in Google searches
- Oversee consistent brand messaging and growth and engagement across all social media channels for Alserkal and its sub-brands
- Oversee paid digital advertising, including paid social media and Google Ads, setting budgets, reviewing content, analysing reports and ensuring learnings are taken into account to continually improve ROI against spend
- Oversee newsletter strategy and delivery, ensuring regular newsletters are sent via Pardot with fresh content and is delivering key messages
- Responsible for ensuring digital marketing initiatives drive leads for the business, from event footfall to leasing and commercial enquiries
- Manage and maximise the use of the business’ marketing automation software and CRM
PR & Communications
- Responsible for press and media relations for Alserkal locally, regionally and internationally, setting goals, writing boilerplates and key messages, overseeing media relations, the writing of press releases, and ensuring PR targets are met
- Public engagement content creation and research for Alserkal Founder and Director, including but not limited to speeches, press announcements, remarks, public panels
- Media training for Founder and Director as required
- Oversee press database growth, locally, regionally and internationally
- International travel for press-related events as required, ensuring press attendance, event setup, press releases and images are released in a timely manner
- Oversee all copywriting, editing and proofreading of Alserkal materials, for both internal and external use, including but not limited to website copy, social media content, internal communications, pitches and presentations, event programmes and leaflets, signage and wayfinding
- Oversee content delivery against set deadlines
- Ensure boilerplates and leadership biographies are up to date and regularly reviewed
- Review target audiences, ensuring they are updated on a regular basis and communicated internally with the Alserkal team
- Oversee internal communications for Alserkal team, ensuring they are training on boilerplates and messaging, and kept informed about marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Oversee all brand work created for Alserkal and its sub-brands, ensuring work is on-brand, and maintains the high standards associated with our design work
- Ensure Alserkal Avenue public realm is regularly audited, with actions taken to ensure visitors and community members have a fresh, high-quality experience
- Oversee all design work created within the organisation, ensuring it is on-brief and delivered on time, and creating workflows between teams to facilitate this as required
- Oversee design work for events, initiatives, marketing campaigns, social media and digital marketing initiatives, ensuring it is high quality and on-brand
Database & VIP Communications
- Oversee Pardot CRM system, ensuring the CRM is being used regularly and the database is kept up-to-date
- Oversee growth of overall Alserkal database, with regular database cleanses and information-gathering campaigns in place
- Manage VIP Communications for Alserkal, managing the External Relations function, ensuring VIPs are communicated with in a regular and appropriate manner
- Manage the tour experience for all VIPs and other tour groups in Alserkal Avenue, with protocol followed as required
- Oversee any VIP event guestlists, invitations and RSVPs, and gifts as required
- Ensure the External Relations function meets growth targets for the VIP database
- Set annual budgets and any project-related budgets for Communications and Brand, aligning with the overall business strategy, ensuring that cost-saving measures and innovative solutions are proposed where possible
- Team management, including leading and inspiring team, providing feedback and mentorship, and conducting reviews in a timely manner
- Build workflows within Marketing team, and work with other teams in the organisation, to streamline processes and workflows
- Work with third party freelancers and agencies as required, writing briefs, reviewing proposals and ensuring work delivered is as per contract
Knowledge & Education
- Educated to a Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent and holding relevant professional qualifications in Marketing/Communications/Public Relations/Business Management or similar
- An in-depth understanding and appreciation of Alserkal’s mission and values
- A demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to arts and culture within MENA and Internationally
- 10+ years’ experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment in a related field
- An interest in sustainability
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of a team and develop positive, cooperative relationships across functional boundaries.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to develop strategic imperatives based on business analytics
- Strong understanding of business fundamentals and drivers of financial, service and operational success of Alserkal.
- High levels of attention to detail in design, written communication and brand presence.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey complex ideas.
- High levels of self-motivation, with the ability to work within an environment subject to change.
- The ability to grasp the needs of the Alserkal organisation and consider practical solutions.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring highest quality execution possible within deadlines.
- Confident and outgoing, used to networking and substantial experience in outward facing roles.
- Enthusiastic and engaged, actively seeking feedback on his/her performance and behaviour in order to continually improve the performance, and seeking out opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
- Proactive in seeking out information on new collectors /stakeholders / audiences.
- Innovative in their approach, always looking for ways to improve our offering.
- Well informed about the art world and willing to travel abroad.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a contract position for maternity cover for nine months, starting 1 September 2020. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 6pm, with weekend hours and/or overtime required during busy times or leading up to projects.