JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Operations & Accounts Assistant
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Description & Responsibilities
Operations and Accounts Assistant, Alserkal Avenue
A unique opportunity to join the leading cultural and artistic development in the region.
Who we are
We catalyse curiosity by supporting, curating and creating experiences for our visitors and patrons. We do this in three ways:
- Managing our community of galleries and creative concepts
- Supporting commissions and education through our programming
- Driving revenue and footfall with our home-grown events
We are constantly curious. Our programming explores local culture, as well as the wider world around us. We strive to go beyond the ‘what’ and uncover the ‘how’ and ‘why’. We translate this into memorable experiences - to inspire our audiences, and shape public discourse. Our work is exciting, creative and relentlessly fast paced. Our teams are collaborative and flat-structured so that all ideas are equal.
We like to work with people who bring their own unique lens and perspective upon the world. We believe in unlocking potential and look for people who are:
- Curious and inspiring
- Proactive and persevering
- Considerate and responsible
A multi-disciplinary position, the role of Operations Assistant is perfect for a talented and process-oriented individual with a keen attention to detail. This position will provide high-level administrative, accounting and document control support to company executives and Directors, in addition to providing administrative support to the Director of Alserkal Avenue.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Supporting the AA Founder’s and the AA Director’s by managing correspondence and schedules
- Managing travel diaries and any related bookings / itineraries. Maintaining diaries and making appointments
- Compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Performing research and gather data - quantitative and qualitative, developing reports and performance summaries on a quarterly basis.
- Answer phone calls and emails directing to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Supporting the AA team with projects and events during intense deadlines and delivery periods
- Assisting in handling the accounting department's work, preparing accounting summaries and maintaining daily invoice and payment registers
- Assisting the finance department with month-end closing
- Full management and maintenance of Salesforce. Uploading all backlogs on Salesforce
- Attending Ejari training and obtaining certificate to issue all Ejari documents pertaining to Alserkal Avenue.
- Understanding full leasing process and attending to leasing queries and requests of documents in the absence of person in charge of leasing for the Avenue.
- Manage scanning, organising and maintaining documents, adhering to the company's document lifecycle procedures, and archiving inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Assisting with file migrations and audits, and performing administrative tasks as needed.
Skills & Experience Required
Experience in Accounts is essential, notably:
- Knowledge of different accounting systems
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with bookkeeping
- Administrative skills, Organizational skills and communication skill.
- Basic knowledge of accounting/VAT rules, including bank reconciliation and familiarity with monthly and annual closings.
- Ethical behavior when dealing with sensitive financial information.
We look for people who display the following skills:
- A passion for arts and culture
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be privy to confidential information
- Computer literacy for Mac and MS Office systems, including the respective word processing and spreadsheet programmes.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, including task-creation, schedule-development, management of databases, and effective management of resources.
- Detail oriented and meticulous work ethic. Extremely organised and efficient
- Self-motivated individual with high levels of accountability and integrity
- Results-oriented with attention to detail and a client-servicing approach to all of Alserkal Avenue's internal and external stakeholders
- Patience & the ability to work well under pressure
- Enthusiasm for continual learning and organisational development
The role offers a fantastic working environment within Alserkal Avenue in the industrial district of Al Quoz. You will also receive an array of benefits including on-the-job training, regular appraisals and much more. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 7pm. with overtime and Saturdays required to attend events and/or due to strict deadlines leading up to projects.
If you can bring something unique and exciting to the team, please email your CV together with a cover letter and ‘Document Controller’ in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org