JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Events and Programming Executive
- Cultural Development
- Entry Level
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Description & Responsibilities
A unique opportunity to further develop Alserkal’s position as a socially responsible cultural enterprise dedicated to cultivating a creative economy and fostering creativity, talent and discourse in Dubai. The position plays a key role within a newly developed Cultural Development team that will focus on increasing the visibility of Alserkal Avenue as a cultural district and the region’s foremost content creator through programmes and initiatives that are rigorous, experimental, and multi-disciplinary, generating cross-cultural exchange with its neighbours near and far. .
The Events and Programming Executive works within the Cultural Development team to bring to life a wide range of multidisciplinary programmes year round, with highlights including November in Alserkal Avenue, Quoz Arts Fest, and Art Week to name a few. This position reports to the Programmes Manager.
Alserkal Avenue Programmes
- Develop and execute, alongside the Programmes Manager, an exciting year-round public programme that enhances Alserkal Avenue’s position as the region’s leading cultural district and reinforces the Avenue’s commercial sustainability.
- The programme will comprise experimental, and innovative interdisciplinary projects that bring together visual arts, music, performance, design, dance, theatre, commissions, public events, and special projects that engage Alserkal Avenue’s community and beyond.
- The activations must take into account the art galleries and creative spaces within Alserkal Avenue to ensure alignment and consistent programming that promotes the Avenue as the foremost creative community in the region.
- Major programmes will include:
- Multi-disciplinary series in the spring and fall that highlight themes or disciplines
- A themed summer programme
- An engaging Ramadan programme
- Plan, schedule, and facilitate logistics for ongoing programmes within and beyond Alserkal Avenue including talks, panel discussions, workshops, film screenings, recitals, performances and tours with the Cultural Development team.
- Ongoing research and outreach for potential future multi-disciplinary programmes.
November in Alserkal Avenue / March Art Week
- Overall project execution of March Art Week and November in Alserkal Avenue, including coordination across central teams to deliver intiatives seamlessly.
- Major elements include:
- Majlis Talks
- Guest Projects
- VIP programme and tours
- Digital and printed programme
- November Collectors Programme
Quoz Arts Fest
- Quoz Arts Fest is an annual two-day arts festival that is at the start of a three-year growth plan to position it as a premier festival for local, regional and international visitors.
- This position would work closely with the Festival Project Manager and the Cultural Development team to assist in researching, planning and executing the two-day event.
- Major elements include:
- Multi-disciplinary programming that includes art, performance, design, music and film.
- Music talent for mainstage
- Public realm activation through art and design commissions
- A robust two-day programme of talks and workshop
- Diversification of layout
- Family focused programmes
- The programme must include participation from the Alserkal Avenue community and the wider Al Quoz creative neighbourhood.
- Support the Cultural Development team in developing concepts and introducing new projects and activations that attract and new and returning audiences to Alserkal Avenue.
- Attend all community council meetings to help develop activations based on community feedback and needs.
- Work closely with community relations team to ensure community-led activations are successfully executed keeping in mind a focus on footfall and commercial promotion of their products and services.
- Build relationships with all community members with a view to create public programming that highlights their offering and draws attention to their concept while also appealing to the general public
- Coordinate with Communications, Events, Technology and Facilities Management teams, to ensure successful implementation of public programmes.
- Update and share programmes calendar across the Alserkal team and coordinate with wider community programming and event calendar.
- Manage budgets, ensuring all collaborators and suppliers are paid promptly and accurately.
- Coordinate with the Community Relations team to ensure all community members are supported for community activations and programmes.
- Liaise with galleries, creative concepts and retail spaces in the Alserkal Avenue community to support and promote their programmes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with individuals within and beyond the arts and culture sector in order to develop partnerships and collaboration. This includes attending events and activations by community members and entities outside Alserkal Avenue.
- An energy and passion for arts and culture
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills in relation to event management
- Flexible approach to schedule of working hours
- An in-depth understanding and appreciation of the current public engagement and positioning of Alserkal Avenue
- A demonstrable understanding of, and commitment to arts and culture
- Attention to detail and efficient problem solving
- Patience & the ability to work well under pressure
- Self-motivated individual with high levels of accountability and integrity
- Enthusiasm for continual learning and development
The role offers an exemplary working environment within Alserkal Avenue in the industrial district of Al Quoz. You will also receive an array of benefits including on-the-job training, regular appraisals and much more. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 7pm, with overtime and Saturdays required to attend events and/or due to deadlines leading up to projects.
If you believe that you can bring something exciting to the team, please email your CV together with a cover letter with ‘Events and Programming Executive’ in the subject line to email@example.com