Calling all aspiring arts professionals!
Spend your summer in Venice at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection. Supported by Alserkal Arts Foundation, the Internship Program at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection offers a young arts professional the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the work of the prestigious Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice from 1 June to 31 August 2020.
Applications are open until 31 March 2020
Dates: 1 June - 31 August 2020
Application deadline: 31 March 2020
Location: Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Venice, Italy
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Assignments with staff in the offices (administration, public affairs, press, library, publications, registrar research, and retail operations)
- Assistance with day to day operations four days a week. Preparation of galleries prior to opening, monitoring of rooms, answering questions from the public, selling tickets and catalogues, and closing the museum at the end of the day
- Docent duties and guiding visitors. Delivering presentations to visitors, specially on Kids Day—guided visits and workshops on Sundays for junior members of the visiting public
In addition, several times a week, interns meet for discussions and seminars on art historical and museological issues. These seminars are conducted by the interns themselves as well as by staff members or visiting professionals. Visits inside and outside Venice are planned twice a month to allow interns to view exhibitions and cultural and historical sites in various Italian cities.
- Fluency in English
- Basic knowledge of Italian preferred
- Plan to pursue a career in the arts
- UAE resident or national
- Aged between 20-26 (university students, recent graduates or young arts professional)
- Return economy flights
- Travel and medical insurance
- Housing allowance
- Monthly stipend