Alserkal Arts Foundation | Internship Programme at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection | POSTPONED
In light of growing concerns around COVID-19, Alserkal Arts Foundation has taken the decision to postpone the Peggy Guggenheim Internship Programme until next year. This decision was taken in consultation with the Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice. The next cycle of the internship will take place from June-August 2021.
More information will be announced in due course. We would like to express our sincere thanks for your support and understanding.
Supported by Alserkal Arts Foundation, the Internship Programme at the Peggy Guggenheim Collection offers a young arts professional the opportunity to learn from and contribute to the work of the prestigious Peggy Guggenheim Collection in Venice.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Assignments with staff in the offices (administration, public affairs, press, library, publications, registrar research, and retail operations)
- Assistance with day to day operations four days a week. Preparation of galleries prior to opening, monitoring of rooms, answering questions from the public, selling tickets and catalogues, and closing the museum at the end of the day
- Docent duties and guiding visitors. Delivering presentations to visitors, specially on Kids Day—guided visits and workshops on Sundays for junior members of the visiting public
In addition, several times a week, interns meet for discussions and seminars on art historical and museological issues. These seminars are conducted by the interns themselves as well as by staff members or visiting professionals. Visits inside and outside Venice are planned twice a month to allow interns to view exhibitions and cultural and historical sites in various Italian cities.
- Fluency in English
- Basic knowledge of Italian preferred
- Plan to pursue a career in the arts
- UAE resident or national
- Aged between 20-26 (university students, recent graduates or young arts professional)
- Return economy flights
- Travel and medical insurance
- Housing allowance
- Monthly stipend