Alserkal Residency Open Call: Summer Cycle 2019
Alserkal Residency was created as a platform for artistic and discursive exchange, seeking to support cultural practitioners as they realise projects pertinent to their respective practices. The programme is designed to be immersive and engage the local interdisciplinary community through a series of public events and conversations. Founded by Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal and the Alserkal family, the Residency focuses on research-based and socially-engaged practices.
The programme will run from 9 June 2019 - 9 August 2019. Proposals are reviewed competitively by our Selection Committee.
The Alserkal Residency Summer Cycle is open only to artists, writers, curators, architects, and researchers who are currently citizens and/or permanent residents of the GCC and South Asia*.
Residency resources include:
- Return flights from the resident’s home city to Dubai
- Single-room accommodation, in a shared space with up to five other residents
- Monthly living stipend
- Research stipend
- Programming stipend
- 24-hour access to an individual studio at Alserkal Residency
- Support from Alserkal Residency team
- Introductions and critiques with international and local art professionals, who are part of Alserkal Avenue’s network of peers
The open call will close at 6pm Dubai time on 15 January 2019.
*South Asia candidates must be citizens AND permanent residents of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and/or Sri Lanka (living and working in one of these countries)
*GCC candidates must be citizens AND/ OR permanent residents of member states of the Gulf Cooperation Council.