Alserkal Residency Open Call: Summer Cycle 2018
Created as a platform for artistic and cultural experimentation and exchange, Alserkal Residency seeks to provide the infrastructure and support that would allow cultural practitioners to fully engage with the region. Founded by Abdelmonem Bin Eisa Alserkal and the Alserkal family, the Residency focuses on research-based and socially-engaged practices.
The Alserkal Residency Summer Cycle is open only to artists, writers, curators and researchers who are currently citizens of or resident in the GCC. The programme will run from 1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018. Proposals are reviewed competitively by our Selection Committee.
Residency resources include:
- Return flights from the resident’s home city to Dubai
- Single-room accommodation, in a shared space with up to five other residents
- Monthly living stipend
- Production stipend
- Programming stipend
- 24-hour access to an individual studio at Alserkal Avenue
- Support from Alserkal Residency team
- Introductions, mentorship and critiques from international and local art professionals, who are part of Alserkal Avenue’s network of peers
The open call will close at 6pm Dubai time on 30 November 2017.