JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- AV / IT Specialist
Job Description & Responsibilities
A unique opportunity to join the leading cultural and artistic development in the region as an AV / IT Specialist.
A multi-disciplinary position that ranges from overseeing the implementation of Alserkal Avenue’s IT infrastructure and providing support services for the AV sector.
The supporting role within AV & IT department requires assisting the Systems Manager and other team members. The AV/IT Specialist will also provide technical support during events as requested. It is important that they are familiar with the current infrastructure, its equipment, policies, programs, services and the day-to-day schedule of events.
Working within a small team of specialists, you'll gain an exposure to a wide range infrastructure support, maintenance and implementation.
Overtime work is expected in times of intensive workload and during special projects. Independent judgement, organizational skills and thoroughness are necessary to prioritize and complete tasks.
• Troubleshooting, repairing and testing servers, workstations, network infrastructure, laptops, printers and other related equipments
• Maintain local networks, active directory configuration, backing up server assets, manage networking equipment, LAN configurations, VPN and firewall configurations, storage devices, configure software and drivers, maintain online assets, maintain and repair technological equipment, perform regular server upgrades and ensure all systems remain updated
• Manage security options, software and maintain networks (privacy and protection)
• Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly
• Set up and operate sound equipment, lights, projection equipment, AV switching devices, Mix sound inputs and provide live event support
• Quick response to emergency / ad-hoc requests, ensure room is presentable, tidy, safe, hazard free and all cables are secured
• Proactive maintenance / reporting to ensure all AV equipment is always of the highest standard, setup, & de-rig and carry out emergency procedures
Skills and requirements
• Experience working with TCP/IP and network services such as DNS, DHCP, etc, Server migration and conversions, MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010 including Spam prevention, Installation/troubleshooting IIS 5.0 and higher, LAN/WAN networks.
• Ability to construct and configure hardware components for server and workstation builds
• 6+ years of working experience in related fields or Degree holder with 2-4 years relevant working experience, Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
• All aspects of Audio Visual Service best practice, including health & safety
• Working knowledge of MacOS, Windows, Lighting Desk, Audio Mixer, Data/LCD & HD/DLP projection, sound, integrated control systems, VOIP, telephone / video conferencing equipment, presentation software and set-up (including Mac/ Windows technology and Mac/ Windows/ software)
A bachelor's degree in computer science, information science, information systems or other related field; A certificate or an associate's degree
• CCNP, MCSA & MCSE, CompTIA Server+, VCP5-DCV, RHCE
• Certified Technology Specialist (CTS), Certified Technology Specialist-Design (CTS-D) and Certified Technology Specialist-Installation (CTS-I)
This position will allow you to progressively develop a variety of skills in a supportive environment where you can improve upon your weaker abilities, monopolize on your strengths, learn from your mistakes and create your own personal character in the work setting. The following list identifies only some of the skills that you will develop. The list is not all-inclusive.
• Communication - the ability to listen to others objectively, paraphrase the content of the message, speak effectively, use various forms of written communication through written reports, etc.
• Planning and Organization - the ability to identify alternative courses of action, accommodate multiple demands and requests, prioritize, establish goals and follow through on fulfilling these goals, manage time effectively, and predict future trends and patterns
• Event Planning - the ability to effectively plan programs, understanding what it takes to coordinate a successful event
• Interpersonal and Human Relations Skills - the ability to interact effectively with peers, colleagues and supervisors, the ability to work well in a group, express feelings appropriately, understand the feelings of others, contribute in staff meetings and share in staff responsibilities
• Informational Management Skills - the ability to problem solve, sort data and objects, compile and rank information, apply information creatively to problems or tasks, synthesize facts, concepts and principles, understand and use organizing principles, evaluate information against appropriate standards
• Critical Thinking Skills - the ability to identify quickly and accurately the critical issues, when making a decision or solving a problem, identify problems and needs, identify information sources appropriate to a problem or need, and formulate questions to clarify a problem
• Valuing Skills - the ability to assess a course of action in terms of its long-range effects on the general human welfare, make decisions that will maximize both individual and collective good, and the ability to use ethical thinking and decision-making when solving issues
Apply for this position on our careers page.