JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Cultural Development Apprentice
- Cultural Development
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Description & Responsibilities
Cultural Development Apprentice
A multi-disciplinary internship that ranges in overseeing daily activities and projects of Alserkal Avenue including all areas with a focus on programmes and as well as overall operations and logistics for community events and activations. Overtime work is expected in times of intensive workload and during special projects. Independent judgement, organisational and thoroughness are necessary to prioritise and complete tasks. The apprenticeship is for the period of 12 months and provides an incredible insight into the world of arts and culture within the GCC.
Essential Functions & Objectives
- Assist the Cultural Development team with development and preparation of public programmes, multi-disciplinary initiatives and related projects involving members of the Alserkal Avenue community. The role also involves support for execution of events, day-to-day operations, community activations and support of the team in general.
- Work closely with the Cultural Development team to develop and execute an exciting year-round public programme of talks, workshops, film screenings and tours – including special projects such as Quoz Arts Fest, March Art Week, November Art Week
- Assist in research and outreach for content for annual programming theme - including execution of the programme.
- Assistance in execution of partner events and not-for-profit pop-up projects and partnership events.
- Support for the collation and creation of all content related to Alserkal Programmes in order to meet the Communications deadlines.
- Coordinate with Operations & Facilities Management and A/V team to ensure successful implementation of public programmes - including on-ground support and attending the events.
- Coordinate with service providers and suppliers, as needed, for production of programmes including but not limited to transportation, materials, shipping and build.
- Assist in preparing reports and debriefs of programming and community events.
- Update local and regional database with focus on education, cultural attaches/entities, local and regional organizations.
- Assist and conduct guided tours of Alserkal Avenue’s community spaces and special projects.
- Research for upcoming Alserkal Avenue projects
- Update and finalise programming archive (2015 - present).
- Manage all rsvp’s for programming events and constantly update the newsletter database.
- Assistance in addressing email enquiries for partnerships and community events.
- A demonstrable understanding of arts and culture
- High organisational and project management skills, especially during intense projects and tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and efficient problem solving
- Results-orientated with attention to detail and client-servicing approach to all of Alserkal Avenue’s internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiasm for continual learning and organisational development
- Flexible attitude to working environment and ability to manage and inspire the team
- Ability to work weekends and late evenings if need be due to project/event Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time apprenticeship programme with working hours from 10am - 7pm with lunch break included, days to be identified depending on events schedule.
Salary & Benefits
The role is paid, and offers a fantastic working environment within Alserkal Avenue in the industrial district of Al Quoz. In addition, you will receive an array of benefits including on-the-job training and much more.