JOIN OUR TEAM
Nurturing creativity. Supporting the arts.
You are applying for:
- Job ID
- Administrative Manager
- Mid Level
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Job Description & Responsibilities
Administrative Manager at Alserkal Avenue
A multi-disciplinary position, the role of Administrative Manager is perfect for a talented, process-oriented office manager with the ability to multi-task. Resourceful and friendly, the Administrative Manager will not only be responsible for the HR function at Alserkal, but will also provide key assistance to senior management, in addition to overseeing the daily activities and the day-to-day running of the organisation's head office in Al Quoz.
The successful applicant will be a career administrator, who is just as comfortable managing the recruitment process as s/he is managing office inventory and providing an important support function to the Alserkal team.
A natural born organizer, the Administrative Manager will display a keen sense of resourcefulness; have the ability to take charge and exercise independent judgement; and, have the confidence to prioritise and complete tasks on time.
Overtime work will be expected in times of intensive workload and during special projects.
- Coordinate the implementation and management of HR processes between the Alserkal team and the Alserkal Group Head Office team until such time as these functions are brought in-house. Ensure the timely transfer of information between Alserkal Avenue and the Alserkal Group head office.
- Liaise with the office PRO to ensure the due granting of visas and ensure accuracy in the filling of forms and any associated processes - for residency and / or travel.
- Manage the organisation’s people management software and work closely with the IT team to ensure that the system is working optimally at all times.
- Successfully keep all employee files, digital and hard copies, organised and up to date.
- Prepare job descriptions for open positions, liaising closely with the respective team directors.
- Manage the recruitment process, starting with the screening of potential applicants, conducting first-round interviews and preparing recommendations for the directors to review, schedule second and third-round interviews and tests as required with necessary team members.
- Manage the induction process and ensure scheduled coffees and catch-ups are conducted by directors.
- Ensure performance reviews are conducted on time and that the directors and team members document all.
- Provide training, guidance and direction on processes to other employees at Alserkal Avenue, or as required.
- Management of all HR contracts, job descriptions, applications and employee details on the online system with the help and direction of the Business Operations Director and Alserkal Director.
- This role may be required to assist with: personnel or payroll functions; handling and tracking of financial matters; including development or maintenance of the department budget, revenue, expenses or other funding sources; development / revision of related procedures, practices and forms.
- Manage all team-wide communications, ensuring that all members of all business units and teams are aware of any developments across other departments.
- Manage any work-related travel bookings / itineraries for members of the Alserkal team as required.
- Responsible for office equipment, including liaising with vendors and service personnel.
- Responsible for all office supplies, including distribution, inventory, tracking, and payment.
- Work closely with the Interior Designer and the brand team to ensure that sustainability initiatives are introduced seamlessly into the office culture.
- Oversee the daily upkeep / cleaning of all Alserkal offices, including Alserkal Arts Foundation and Concrete. Manage the performance of office support staff, including day-to-day office expenses.
- Organise any office-wide meetings and activities as necessary and ensure that all docuementation / presentations required for the meetings are briefed in advance and are received on time.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Alserkal Founder and Alserkal Director to prepare meeting rooms as necessary.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Alserkal Founder and Alserkal Director to order Eid gifts and VIP gifts as necessary.
- Perform research and gather data on the team’s performance - quantitative and qualitative, developing reports and performance summaries on a quarterly basis.
- Arrange, facilitate and attend organisation-level meetings, taking and sharing notes / minutes as required.
- Support AA team with projects and events during intense deadlines and delivery periods.
- Computer literacy for Mac and MS Office systems, including the respective word processing and spreadsheet programmes.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills; the ability to communicate with people at all levels and execute effective business correspondence.
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, including task-creation, schedule-development, management of databases, and effective management of resources.
- Self-motivated individual with high levels of accountability and integrity.
- Results-oriented with attention to detail and a client-servicing approach to all of Alserkal Avenue's internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for arts and culture and Alserkal Avenue projects.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents and operations manuals.
- Exceptional time management skills that allow the candidate to attend to a broader range of activities, and get more done in less time than others.
Knowledge & Education
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Previous experience of 3-5 years within an administrative or related field
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, from 10am to 7pm. Saturdays and overtime might be required during intense periods and/or during special projects.